Tuesday, October 16, 2007

thinking of winter knitting

It's mid-October and finally chilly enough to actually wear some warm and wooly threads! My favorite time of year is here and not a minute too soon.
I've just finished a baby "shawl" for my husband's cousin's baby. He's a twin; not the new baby, but my husband's cousin that is.
The shawl is actually a blanket for which I chose a very soft, mercerized cotton so that the blanket can double as a bath blanket. The pattern is from Debbie Bliss' "Special Knits" collection. http://www.debbieblissonline.com/books/sk/index.htm
The edging in the original pattern calls for a series of garter stitch points but a chose a crocheted lace design instead.
Now onto something special for a very special mother-in-law's birthday!...

1 comment:

nicole said...

Beautiful baby blanket. Hope the embossed leaves socks are growing well. That pattern is such a pleasure to knit!