Monday, April 7, 2008

April showers bring May.... snow? God, I really hope not!
It would appear that I haven't been knitting if my blog was any indication. Luckily, this is not the case! I've been keeping busy!
As I mentioned in my last blog, I did finish Brad's Cobblestone sweater. Thanks Jared!
Sorry, Brad wouldn't let me take a head shot.
I've also almost finished Norh Gaughan's Tilted Duster from Interweave's Fall 2007 issue. I'm using Briggs & Little Regal in Midnight Blue. You can't tell from the picture that all I've left is to attach the sleeves and knit the collar.... but it's true! If I can bring myself to actually do this, it'll be ready for Spring! Oh, and it needs some major blocking too...
My very generous in-laws gave me some birthday money, and of course I bought wool! I purchased a beautiful fingering weight mercerized cotton called "Tangelo". yum. With it, I've started Miriam Felton's Icarus Shawl, from Interweave's Best of. Although the pattern calls for super-fine alpaca, I chose cotton for a sturdier shawl.
Brad and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and as wood is the modern 5-year gift, he bestowed be with tons of new wooden needles! How thoughtful! I couldn't help knitting a couple of swatch gauges last night to test them out... can I really handle another project right now?... why not!

1 comment:

nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Sorry I didn't get back to you on your last comment, I've been in bed sick with a wicked flu and have been totally ignoring my computer. We're not sure if we're coming to NB this summer. We have some house renos to do so it'll depend on how that goes.

Love your new stash. Beautiful. But knitting a lace shawl in cotton? I shudder at the thought (cotton is not easy on the old hands). But it will be beautiful, and practical for summer.

Hope everyone is well over there. Say hi to your family!