Sunday, December 11, 2011

But there's holes in it!


     These little sweeties, I bought for Maisy's room because she was already my little sweet pea :) I keep them in the living room now, where I can see them all the time.

     Ok, so you're gonna think I'm really bad now...  Besides Paul's sweater and my glove cuffs projects, I've started yet another; I realized I was going to be without a hat for the winter!  I must admit that I did consider purchasing one.  That would be silly though.  I have so much wool to use and so many patterns to try!  And so, I'm using a pattern I got from my Knitting Daily email as part of a 7-free lace pattern pdf.

                                                        Lace Fountain Hat

I'm using a completely different yarn than the pattern calls for so I altered my pattern slightly to accomodate this variegated yarn instead.  I can't remember what it's call or exactly what it's made of but I've had it for quite a while and am glad to finally use it! 

Skylar was helping me prepare the picture files for posting and she had to say about this one: "oh, I guess you're not a very good knitter 'cause it's full of holes..."
Ha ha!  Funny girl! 


Skylar and her grandmother, celebrating Linda's birthday


...and trimming the tree!


1 comment:

Monique said...

Love the two peas!!!! Can't wait to see your new hat! Luv ya chicky!